If you want to join the team as a PhD student or a PostDoc, read about open positions here. If you wish to join the group as an MSc or undergraduate student, drop Sotos an email to arrange a chat.
Chair in Machine Learning and Computer Vision
Sotirios A. Tsaftaris is currently a Chair (Full Professor) in Machine Learning and Computer Vision at the University of Edinburgh. He also holds the Canon Medical/Royal Academy of Engineering Research Chair in Healthcare AI. He is also a Turing Fellow with the Alan Turing Institute.
Alison O’Neil is a Senior Scientist in the AI Research Team at Canon Medical Research Europe and Honorary Research Fellow at the University of Edinburgh.
Lecturer in Machine Learning and Computer Vision
Dr. Chen Qin is a Lecturer in Computer Vision and Machine Learning at Electronics and Electrical Engineering, The University of Edinburgh.
Lecturer in Data Science (Edinburgh Napier University)
Valerio Giuffrida is a Lecturer in Data Science at Edinburgh Napier University.
Marija is a post-doctoral Research Associate in the School of Engineering at the University of Edinburgh in Machine Learning and Privacy.
Nikolaos Dionelis is a postdoctoral Research Associate (RA) in Machine Learning at the University of Edinburgh.
Spyridon Thermos is a postdoctoral researcher at the University of Edinburgh, working with Prof. Sotirios A. Tsaftaris on representation learning and generative models.
Andrei Dobrescu is a third year PhD student supervised by Prof. Tsaftaris. The focus of his PhD is researching deep learning and computer vision algorithms for image-based plant phenotyping.
Grzegorz Jacenków is a PhD student at The University of Edinburgh supervised by Professor Sotirios Tsaftaris and Dr Alison O’Neil. His research is focused on integrating medical imaging and non-imaging modalities.
Phivos is a first year PhD student at the University of Edinburgh supervised by Professor Tsaftaris and co-supervised by Dr. Joao Mota of Heriot-Watt University.
Tian Xia is a third year PhD student at the Insititute for Digital Communications, School of Engineering, the University of Edinburgh. His principle supervisor is Prof. Sotirios A. Tsaftaris.
Xiao Liu is currently a first year PhD student in IDCOM of the School of Engineering at the University of Edinburgh. His principle supervisor is Prof. Sotirios Tsaftaris.
Visiting PhD Student
Gabriele Valvano is a Biomedical Engineer doing a research doctorate at IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca. He is currently in visiting at the University of Edinburgh under prof. Tsaftaris.
- Dr Haochuan Jiang (PostDoc) - Lecturer, Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University, China
- Dr Agisilaos Chartsias (PhD) - Enterpreneur, United Kingdom
- Mr Hao Chen (BEng) - MSc Student, Carnegie Mellon University, United States
- Dr Thomas Joyce (PostDoc) - PostDoc, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- Dr Ilkay Oksuz (PhD) - Assistant Professor, Istanbul Technical University, Turkey
- Dr Massimo Minervini (PhD/PostDoc) - CET Electronics, Italy
- Dr Cristian Rusu (PostDoc) - Lecturer, National University of Ireland, Ireland
- Dr Marco Bevilacqua (PostDoc) - Cdiscount, France
- Dr Anirban Mukhopadhyay (PostDoc) - Head, Medical and Environmental Computing (MEC-Lab), TU Darmstadt, Germany